We are a Bible-believing church for all ages with a joyful emphasis on the abundant, overcoming, faith lifestyle that Jesus Christ invites His followers to enjoy. Miracles of all types occur at every service, because the Word is preached and the power of the Holy Spirit is welcome. Our worship is a beautiful blend of traditional hymns and contemporary praise. Most visitors comment about the genuine love they sense, the personal prayer altar time and awesome classes for children and teens.
- Inspiration of The Scriptures: We believe the Holy Bible, alone, in its entirety constitutes the written Word of God. The Bible, which is both the Old and New Testament, is inspired by God for the purpose of revealing God’s heart and equipping His believers for abundant living. We believe that this inspiration extends to all parts of the scriptures and that they are the supreme and final authority for faith and life. (II Timothy 3:15-17; I Thessalonians 2:13; II Peter 1:21)
- God: We believe in a person God who has revealed Himself both in nature and in scripture. This God is sovereign, loving and living, and it is He who created the universe and upholds the same by His providence. (Deuteronomy 6:4; Exodus 3:14; Isaiah 43:10,11)
- Jesus Christ: We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ: in His virgin birth; in His sinless life; in His miracles; in His vicarious death and atonement through His shed blood; in His bodily resurrection; in His ascension to the right hand of the Father; and in His personal and visible return in power and glory. We believe that because Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever (Hebrews 13:8) the healings and miracles of the Bible days are available to believers today. (John 10:16; Matthew 8:16-17; Acts 5:16; James 5:14-16)
- The Holy Spirit: We believe in the personal present ministry of the Holy Spirit by Whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life, and by Whom the Church is empowered to carry out Christ’s great commission. The Person of the Holy Spirit is a gift to believers and functions as a Comforter, Helper, Intercessor, Strength, and Revealer of Truth. The Baptism of the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues (a prayer language) is a secondary experience to salvation for the purpose of representing Jesus well. (Acts 2:4, 8:12-17, 10:44-46, 15:7-9)
- Salvation: We believe that all men are lost in sin through the fall and disobedience of Adam and Eve, and that salvation is possible and real only through the shed blood atonement of Jesus Christ on Calvary; that it is appropriated through faith, which is the gift of the Holy Spirit. (Acts 4:12; Romans 5:8-13, 10:9; James 1:21; Ephesians 2:8)
- Man: We believe that man was created in the image of God, that he was tempted by Satan and fell, and that because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is necessary for salvation. (Genesis 1:26, 2:17, 3:6-24; Romans 5:12-21)
- The Second Advent of Christ: We believe the second coming of Christ includes the catching away of the Church (I Thessalonians 4:16,17), followed by the actual, visible return of Christ with His saints to reign with him on earth for one thousand years (Zechariah 14:5; Matthew 24:27, 30; Revelation 1:7, 20:1-6). This Millennial reign will bring the salvation of national Israel and the establishment of universal peace. (Ezekiel 39:28, 29; Zephaniah 3:19, 20; Isaiah 11:6-9; Psalm 72:3-8; Micah 4:3, 4)
- The Final Judgment: We believe there will be a final judgement in which the wicked dead will be raised and will be judged according to their works. Whosoever is not found written in the Book of Life, together with the devil and his angels, the beast and the false prophet, will be consigned to everlasting punishment. (Matthew 25:46; Mark 9:43-48; Revelation 19:20, 20:11-15, 21:8)
- The Hope of Heaven: We believe that heaven is a real place where our Father God, His family and angelic beings dwell forever. It is a place of joy unspeakable, where heavenly rewards are distributed for every believer’s earthly service. There is no sorrow and no sickness. Heaven belongs to those who, recognizing their sinful state without God, have trusted Jesus Christ as their Savior. Believing and accepting the good news that Jesus Christ became sin, so that we could become righteous is our assurance of eternal life. (Jn. 14:2, Eph. 2:8-9, I Jn. 5:13, Rev. 21:4, 10-27)
Founding Pastors Tommy and Rachel Burchfield have been veterans in ministry and highly respected among Christian leaders for over thirty years. They are gifted by God to build, and build, they certainly have.
In 1989, they first built a 1,088 acre Christian Conference Center to be a “Friend to the Local Church,” and then, the Discovery Camp program which has introduced half-a-million young people to the transforming love of Jesus Christ. In 1991, Texas Bible Institute began which now has alum representing 38 states and 39 nations.
In 2006, they began to build again. This time, it’s a “world church,” filled with beautiful people who are committed to make a difference in their world. In a day that is cluttered with “flash and splash,” the Burchfields stand out as authentic, time-proven spiritual parents to thousands. .
Meet The Leadership Team
Gabe & Heather
Since 1996, Gabe has led praise and worship with the Burchfields and then conveniently married Heather, a strong vocalist. Three young sons keep them busy with sports and all types of elementary school fun.
A Baylor graduate, Abby’s professional training in Family Studies now supports her ministry call to introduce children, families and church workers to the Father’s heart. Abby oversees our Student Life Department which serves ages six weeks through eleven.
Peter is our amazing youth pastor over Embassy Student Ministries and brings 10+ years of full-time ministry experience to the team. Creative. Fun. Discipleship-Maker. He will try any new food you can concoct.
Mike & Kim
Mike has served as one of our Project Managers for almost thirty years, while vivacious Kim serves as Hospitality Coordinator. They are raising three lovely daughters with cheerleading and college life now consuming them.
Visionary leadership is Andrew’s expertise and gift to the team. He supports Team Management and serves as Executive Producer of BMI.
Mike & Valinda
Mike and Valinda joined the leadership team of Texas Bible Institute in 2000 and have served faithfully in many areas. Their three grown children are all TBI Alumni, and they are learning the joys of grandparenting.